Mental Health Apps
We each have to determine the tools that work best for ourselves to manage our own anxiety and stress, and health tech provides numerous - and sometimes too many - options for us to try! Below are some mHealth apps that we have found to be helpful. Check the apps out below and look for other great [and free] ones out there! There are many apps out there - from overall emotional health and wellbeing apps to those designed for specific disorders. Check them out and let us know if you find additional apps that work for you that may help others in our PHQ community!
Your Emotional Health Assistant
"Are you trying to calm your mind? Sleep better? Beat anxiety and depression? Be happier? A quick conversation with Youper might be all you need to feel your best. Millions of people are using Youper as their Emotional Health Assistant. You’ll love it too. After all, great people always have an assistant by their side!
Created by a team of doctors, scientists, and engineers led by Dr. Jose Hamilton, Youper uses artificial intelligence (AI) to personalize various therapy and mindfulness techniques to fit your needs. It incorporates strategies from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness, and other approaches. Over time, your conversations with Youper will help you understand yourself, improve your relationships, sleep better, overcome stress, anxiety, and depression, feel more balanced and happier.
• Have quick conversations that can change your day
• Not feeling talkative? Listen to Youper guiding you through mindfulness practices
• Sleep sounds
• Effortlessly organize your mind and generate a beautiful journal
• Understand your emotions with a beautiful mood tracker
• Gain insights on anxiety, depression, and other symptoms
• Take a personality test to understand yourself better
• Integrate your experience with Google Fit to make self-help and self-care easy
Youper is free. Premium features are available through an optional paid subscription. If you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your Google Account at confirmation of purchase."
"Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start."